DID YOU KNOW? Some Facts About Birth Control, Cohabitation, and The Catholic Church:
* Natural Family Planning (NFP) is the only form of birth regulation that the Catholic Church recognizes as morally acceptable.
* The Catholic Church has never accepted any form of contraception as permissible regardless of reason or circumstance.
* NFP is not a form of contraception, it is the moral opposite.
* NFP is not the Calendar Rhythm Method, it is a sophisticated scientific approach based on data collected and interpreted daily.
* NFP is proven to be 99% effective in postponing pregnancy.
* NFP is immediately reversible with no harmful side effects or damage done to fertility or general health.
* Most NFP couples report that periodic abstinence helps to keep their relationship fresh, improves their communication, and gives them a deeper respect for each other.
* NFP can help less-fertile couples achieve pregnancy.
* The practice of NFP helps to develop the strength of character necessary for marital fidelity and lifelong marriage.
* The use of NFP raises the dignity of persons from mere toys for sexual pleasure to co-creators of human life.
* Coitus interruptus or Onanism (withdrawal) is natural in that there is no device or drug that interferes with the ability to conceive yet it is forbade because it separates the unitive from the procreative aspects of intercourse and is therefore illicit.
* The practice of NFP keeps together the unitive and procreative acts of intercourse.
* Some unnatural forms of contraception actually cause early abortions.
* The three reasons why people do not use NFP are 1. ignorance 2. lust and 3. fear.
* (CCC 2399 p576) The regulation of births represents one of the aspects of responsible fatherhood and motherhood. Legitimate intentions on the part of the spouses do not justify recourse to morally unacceptable means (for example, direct sterilization or contraception).
* (CCC 2396 p576) Among sins gravely contrary to chastity are masturbation, fornication, pornography, and homosexual practices.
* Fornication is a mortal sin.
* The 50+% divorce rate in the USA is linked to the widespread and generally accepted use of unnatural forms of contraception.
* Unwed women (and their offspring) who cohabit with a man are more likely to be physically and sexually abused by the men they live with.
* (CCC 2391 p 575) Human love does not tolerate [cohabitation or] "trial marriages." It demands a definitive gift of persons to one another.
* A person with no outward affects of and no knowledge of a malignant tumor in his brain is still dying of cancer and his life is in jeopardy.
* Likewise a person who is living life with an uninformed or misinformed conscience is still dying a spiritual death and his salvation is in jeopardy.